In my "Sailing Into the New Year Workshop" I included an activity that encouraged the participants to reflect on 2018 so that we could bring to mind the good things we were taking from 2018 into the New Year.
The activity was built around three key questions. These questions were:
- What things did you discover about yourself in 2018?
- In what ways did God bless you in 2018?
- What are you grateful for about 2018?
Here are some of the things I wrote in my workshop workbook.
What things did you discover about yourself in 2018?
- That I can step out in faith and do things I haven't done before.
In What ways did God bless you in 2018?
- God helped me become competent in a very complicated and challenging new job.
- He put on my heart to write and lead a Christian women's workshop.
What are you grateful for about 2018?
- Reconnecting with a cousin I hadn't seen in over 20 years.
- Answered prayers
These weren't the only responses I wrote in my workbook but you can get the gist of the activity from what I have included here.
Why not create your own list of the good things you are taking with you from 2018 into the New Year?